The CALMET, CALPUFF, and CALPOST model codes and associated processing programs are provided by Exponent, Inc. with a no-cost, limited-use license subject to the following restrictions:
(1) No part of the computer codes provided may be reproduced, copied, extracted, or implemented into other models or software programs without the prior written permission of Exponent.
(2) The computer programs and datasets contained on this site may not be distributed to others without the prior written permission of Exponent.
(3) Permission to modify the Fortran computer codes (except the ISOROPPIA modules which are subject to a separate Use Agreement, see (6) below) is granted to users with the provision that modified versions of the model codes must be provided promptly to Exponent, along with appropriate written documentation and instructions for use, for possible inclusion in future revisions of the models. The use of any such user-supplied changes in future model updates is at the sole discretion of Exponent. The right for unlimited distribution by Exponent of any user-supplied modifications to the code and any written descriptions of the changes, and the right for unlimited use of the modified code by all users, without compensation of any kind to the user contributing the code, is agreed to by the user as part of this licensing agreement. User-supplied code accepted by Exponent for use in future versions of the model will be acknowledged in the model code. Exponent retains the right to modify, adapt, or extend the code modifications provided as part of this agreement.
(4) All reports, papers, or other publications involving the use or analysis of the programs, algorithms, and methods contained in the software on this site must refer to the User's Guides on this site as the primary reference for the models. Applications involving the use of modified versions of the models and associated processors will reference the User's Guides on this site and clearly state that the code was modified by the user, and will contain a description of the modifications.
(5) No part of the technical descriptions or user's instructions of the User's Guides may be reproduced without the prior written permission of Exponent.
(6) Use of the ISORROPIA module included in CALPUFF and POSTUTIL is authorized by its developers provided that all users abide by its Terms of Usage as detailed at the ISORROPIA web page. All computer codes associated with this module are clearly identified and may not be modified.
(7) It is the user's responsibility to determine if the CALPUFF modeling system is appropriate for any particular application, and the user assumes all responsibility and liability for its use. Computer codes can and do contain coding, implementation, and technical errors. The software on this site is provided "as-is", and no warranty of its suitability for any particular application is provided. Exponent assumes no liability whatsoever for the use of this software.The installation and/or use of the programs on this site constitute acceptance of the terms of this agreement.